Educators (m/f) – Full-time / Part-Time
Established in 2001, Sunflower Montessori, a private company, runs several crèches and foyers de jour dedicated to the principles of Maria Montessori. Sunflower provides a safe and secure environment where children of all nationalities can investigate and explore, gain confidence, independence and language development.
We are looking for full-time/part-time educators (M/F) to reinforce our dynamic international team in one of our structures (Moutfort, Findel, Bertrange, Capellen and Hamm).
- Professional qualifications in the field of early childhood / child care / education recognised by the Ministry of Education, Children and Youth (MENJE) in the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg;
- A first experience would be an advantage;
- A very good level of English, Luxembourgish (at least C1 level) will be a distinctive asset;
- A commitment to early education is essential. An appreciation of the Montessori pedagogy being a distinct advantage.
- Promote the aims and objectives of Sunflower and maintain its philosophy;
- Create a safe, clean, stimulating and caring environment for the children aged between 3 months and 4 years (crèche) and between 3,5 and 12 years (FdJ) together with classroom colleagues;
- Working within the Montessori prepared environment assisting the children in their activities;
- Plan and perform various educational activities and projects with the children designed in line with Sunflower’s Concept d’Action Général;
- Monitor children’s progress;
- Report on the planned activities using the Journal de Bord;
- Act as the first point of contact with the parents.
- A modern family-owned company in which our staff can build on a trustful and valued partnership;
- A strong sense of community, where you feel included and appreciated and can actively contribute to our mission;
- A stimulating, creative and well-resourced working environment;
- Continuous and customised in-house and external training and development opportunities;
- A bespoke management development program;
Please submit your full application, including at least two references.
We are an equal opportunity employer who believes that diversity and inclusion are good for our staff and our company. We believe in promoting the inclusion of qualified staff without regard to their age, gender, religion or beliefs, ethnic origin, sexual orientation/identity or disability.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post. This will include criminal records checks from country of citizenship and of residence since the age of 18.