Manager (m/f) – Full-time
Established in 2001, Sunflower Montessori, a private company, runs several crèches and foyers de jour dedicated to the principles of Maria Montessori. Sunflower provides a safe and secure environment where children of all nationalities can investigate and explore, gain confidence, independence and language development.
We have an immediate vacancy for an experienced Crèche Manager.
- Hold a relevant BAC+3 Degree in the field of early childhood / child care / education
- Professional qualifications recognised by the Ministry of Education, Children and Youth (MENJE) in the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg;
- Demonstrated recent crèche management experience;
- 5 Years of child-care experience;
- Excellent teaching skills. A commitment to early education is essential. An appreciation of the Montessori pedagogy being a distinct advantage;
- Fluent English with Luxembourgish, French and German being an advantage;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organiser;
- PC literate, with working knowledge of standard MS Office tools (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day running of a crèche with approximately 116 children and 30 staff;
- Line management of staff and planning the staff roster;
- Implementation of the educative program;
- Promote the aims and objectives of Sunflower and maintain its philosophy;
- Ensure the highest levels of care and education;
- Maintain a high level of organisation, cleanliness and tidiness throughout the whole crèche building and outside areas;
- Liaise on a day-to-day basis with the parents;
- Work with suppliers and ensure that the stock levels are adequate;
- Handle correspondence with the appropriate authorities.
Please submit your full application, including at least two references.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post. This will include criminal records checks from country of citizenship and of residence since the age of 18.