Established in 2001, Sunflower Montessori, a private company, runs several crèches and After-School clubs dedicated to the principles of Maria Montessori. Sunflower provides a safe and secure environment where children of all nationalities can investigate, explore, gain confidence and independence and develop language skills.
We are looking for full-time educators (M/F) who speak English fluently, to reinforce our dynamic international team in one of our locations (Moutfort, Findel, Bertrange, Capellen and Hamm).
- Professional qualifications and a degree in the field of early childhood, child care or education that is recognised by the Ministry of Education, Children and Youth (MENJE) in the Grand-Duchy of Luxembourg is required.
- A first experience would be an advantage;
- A very good level of English is required, (Luxembourgish (at least C1 level) will be a distinct asset);
- A commitment to early education is essential and an appreciation of Montessori pedagogy is a distinct advantage.
- Promote the aims and objectives of Sunflower Montessori and maintain its philosophy;
- With classroom colleagues, create a safe, clean, stimulating and caring environment for children aged between 3 months and 4 years (crèche) and between 3,5 and 12 years (After-School Club);
- Work within the Montessori prepared environment assisting children in their activities;
- Plan and carry out various educational activities and projects with children, in line with Sunflower’s Concept d’Action Général;
- Monitor children’s progress;
- Report on the planned activities using the Journal de Bord;
- Act as the first point of contact with parents.
- A modern family-owned company in which staff can build on a trusting and valued partnership;
- A strong sense of community where you feel included and appreciated and can actively contribute to our mission;
- A stimulating, creative and well-resourced working environment;
- Continuous and customised in-house and external training and development opportunities;
- A bespoke management development program;
We are an equal opportunity employer who believes that diversity and inclusion are good for our staff and our company. We believe in promoting the inclusion of qualified staff irrespective of their age, gender, religion or beliefs, ethnic origin, sexual orientation/identity or disability.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post. This will include criminal record checks from your country/countries of citizenship and of residence since the age of 18.
Please submit your full application, including at least two references.
If you are interested, please call 28992899400 or email@example.com